Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Shoes...


I've never been one of those girls that were "into shoes".  Now, Levi jeans is another story, perhaps for another day!  Most of the time we don't wear any shoes at all.  Barefoot is fine while you're just chilling.  However, when you're out sailing you really should have some protection for your feet.  Our boat, "Marionette" has all sorts of things for someone to stub their toes on, slip, or trip over!  What I like are my "Sperry" boat shoes and my slip-on, no lace Sketchers.  Good boat shoes are really a must.  Go for the darker colors, they show less dirt and scuff marks.  The Sketchers can be thrown in the wash, so I have a pair of white ones.  Besides white can be worn after Labor Day in the tropics!  I do have a pair or two of flip-flops.  They're cheap, easy to wash off, and quick to dry.  But they are NOT your friend.  I can't tell you how many times I've slipped, tripped, and nearly fallen  flat on my butt or face!  Protect your feet and face, and buy some 'good' shoes!!