Saturday, February 4, 2012

Being organized...

Moving day onto Marionette...
Perfect size for putting used plastic grocery bags in





Great for battery storage!







Okay, I'm a total freak about things being put away!  Ask anyone that knows me... Living in a house and being organized isn't too difficult, but living on a boat is a whole different ball game!  First, everything turns to rust; clothes, hatch springs, dishes... it's crazy!  I'm still learning tons of new stuff every time I talk to another "cruising lady".  My sister-in-law told me to use Mason jars to store items!  Great idea!  Buttons, flour, tiny parts that I'm sure I'll need later... The lids are tight and no rust!!  Another item I use is lock 'n seal plastic containers.  Again no rust, and also, NO BUGS!!  We have a 44 foot boat and most of the available storage is dedicated to spare parts and large tool boxes.  While spare parts are important, us ladies still need to have a bit of space for our 'stuff'...  Before we bought a boat we traveled by RV from Seattle to Maine to Florida.  So, I learned quick that your microwave can also be used to store bread!  Your oven for that awkward pan that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.  I also love baskets!  If you travel the Bahamas you can find nice ladies that make them by hand!  They're beautiful and sturdy.  So, be sure to stock up on various plastic containers before you take off.  And never throw out any containers with air tight lids...










Storage for our friend "Rock Star Capt'n Chris"
Don't forget to write the date on your canned foods