Friday, February 17, 2012

Feeling blue...


Well, you ask yourself, "...what do you have to be sad about?"... I KNOW!  Silly question, but even us who "live outside the box" in this LAVISH LIFE OF LUXURY, get into a funk once in a while.  Being so far away from family is a tough one for me sometimes.  My kids and parents are about 6000+  miles away!  And a 4 hour time difference!  I took full advantage last night of calling my daughter at 1:00 AM my time.  She was just getting off work... Usually it's either too EARLY or too LATE!  *sigh*  So, there's a few things I do when I'm feeling down; write in a journal, then HIDE the journal, there's always a good hiding spot on the boat!  I also get out and start moving, in the words of Johnny Cash, "When you get the blues, c'mon and get rhythm...", I even hum the song in my head!  Get some sunshine is another one; take a minute with your morning coffee or tea and be grateful for all those beautiful palm trees, or the sunrise.  Talk to someone; sometimes my hubby isn't the best guy to 'talk' to, so if you can find another cruising lady, she might 'get it' more than those who are close to you.  Whatever you do, don't laze around and sulk!  It only makes things worse...  So, if you're feeling bummed take a minute and remember how far you've come since your last journey! 


I'm thankful for my boys...  RIP Squirrel!!!




I always look forward to a "No one around" anchorage!!