Sunday, February 5, 2012

Fans...


I know my family gets tired of hearing me say how darn hot it is down here.  Seriously, it's REALLY hot!  Yes, it's paradise, but it's hot.... Did I mention that it's hot??  So, what do we do to keep cool?  We have about 5 fans in various parts of the boat.  Three in the main living quarters, and one each in the bedroom.  We also have the luxury of air conditioning!!  I LOVE A/C....  Too bad for us, we can only use it when we're at a marina, since it uses a ton of power.  The fans we like are Hella Fans.  They run on 12 volt, so even if we're not in a marina, we can still use them without draining our battery power. They are very quiet too!!  I think they're a bit pricey, but worth every penny!!  Also we drink about 1/2 gallon of water a day each.  It's important for you to keep hydrated.  Sun stroke is nothing to fool around with.  If you weigh 100 pounds, you should drink 50 ounces of water.  Double that water if you're living in the tropics!  Or go for a swim, a hike where there is some shade, bicycle to town to get a breeze going, or buy a bigger boat that has a gen-set that will run your air conditioning unit!!