Thursday, December 15, 2011

Food...




I SO LOVE TO EAT!!  But I hate to cook... it's hot, it's messy, and I'm not very good at it!  Frankly, I'm really bad at it.  I'm doing my best to be a vegetarian.  I do eat fish, eggs, and cheese.  So, I'm not a vegan.  I must have more than fruits, veggies, and beans!  Eating a diet like this can be rather costly in the States, but in the tropics, fresh stuff is a given and it's CHEAP!  Which makes Pete a happy guy...

So, here's something that even "I" can cook...


CHEESE BAKED ZUCCHINI

4 medium zucchini
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 oz/115g mozzarella cheese ( sliced kinda' thin )
2 large tomatoes ( diced and de-seeded )
2 tsp chopped fresh basil or oregano

1.  Slice zucchini ends off and cut in half, lengthwise
     brush with olive oil and put on a baking sheet skin side down

2.  Bake zucchini in a preheated oven at 400F for 10 minutes
     ( don't let them get too floppy! )

3.  Remove from oven and place the cheese, tomatoes, and basil on the zucchini

4.  Put back in the oven for about 5 minutes or until the cheese melts

5.  Then enjoy!

This is EASY and doesn't require a great deal of talent or create a ton of dishes!!


PS  Every oven on a boat is a little different, so you may have to adjust yours to fit the needs of your ZUCCHINI!!