Monday, March 19, 2012

Mosquitoes...



Part of life living in the tropics are BUGS!  UGH!  Especially mosquitoes. So, here's a few things that might help...


( An e-mail I received from my dad... )


How to Kill Mosquitoes

You may be aware of this, How to Kill Mosquitos - NOT A JOKE




I was at a deck party awhile back, and the bugs were having a ball biting everyone. A man at the party sprayed the lawn and deck floor with Listerine, and the little demons disappeared.. The next year I filled a 4-ounce spray bottle and used it around my seat whenever I saw mosquitoes. And voila! That worked as well.. It worked at a picnic where we sprayed the area around the food table, the children's swing area, and the standing water nearby.



Now, if you're like me, you didn't get this information until it was too late!  In that case, here's some more ideas...


Soak the bite with vinegar.  Doesn't smell great, but it will stop itching, which can turn into an infection.











Rub the bite with Vick's Vapor Rub, your sheets will be a mess if you climb into bed after, but relief is relief!